WW2 Changelog: Preview v38 - 2019-09-12
From WW2 in ArmA3
- 1 Preview v38 - 2019-09-12
- 1.1 Highlights
- 1.2 Features
- 1.3 Missions
- 1.4 Gameplay
- 1.5 Performance
- 1.6 AI
- 1.7 Audio
- 1.8 Effects
- 1.9 Animations
- 1.10 Terrains
- 1.11 Objects
- 1.12 Assets
- 1.13 Reskins
- 1.14 Interface
- 1.15 Scripting
- 1.16 Editor
- 1.17 Documentation
- 1.18 Text
- 1.19 Arsenal
- 1.20 Zeus
- 1.21 Servers
- 1.22 Compatibility
- 1.23 Translation
- 1.24 Credits
- 1.25 Tech details
- 2 Preview v38 hotfix 1 - 2019-10-24
- 3 Preview v38 hotfix 2 - 2019-10-27
Preview v38 - 2019-09-12
- Enhanced accuracy for the towed guns yaw/bank/pitch relative to the ground (due to new perFrame based towing system). Further improvements are in progress.
- Bolt action rifles now eject cartridges when their action is worked. The same system is used for the M1 Garand clip ejection when the last round is fired.
- AI get increased aimSpeed to bring them in line with players when using a vehicle turret as they were painfully slow with slow WW2 turrets.
- Custom WaitUntilandExecute function - defaults to CBA version if available.
- Static weapon AI will turn searchlights on if its night time.
- C47 and JU52s cargo lights should look and perform better now (due to the use of the new compartmentsLights system rather than the old scripted solution).
- Fixed HitPoints LOD of infantry models. This resolves some issues where hitpoints will desync from their fire geometry when using another mods unit and applying an IFA3 uniform.
- Rifle ammunition has been adjusted and damage increased slightly. New ammo types are now available.
- Webley No.4 Mk I Flare pistol
- Working version of searchlight with new Arma 3 tech light volume
- Pistols now have better reload animations
- Added: M1 Enbloc clip ejection when the rifle is empty.
- Added: reloading a bolt-action when an empty cartridge is chambered (immediately after firing or when the magazine is empty) will now eject the cartridge.
- Updated: driver less vehicles available also for new vehicles from recent updates.
- Improved: added towing to universal carrier.
- Improved: reduced chance of paratroopers hitting the door on their way out (by adjusted C47 jump position).
- Improved: bolt action animation/sound handling is now local (except for other players, which broadcast).
- Improved: cartridge ejection on reload now works for non-local units.
- Improved: paradrop waypoint will open the cargo door of the plane.
- Improved: workaround for units under the players command not jumping out when using paradrop waypoint.
- Improved: bolt action scripts don't run on units outside of object draw distance.
- Improved: fast landing script and amphibious assault waypoint are now capable of deploying vehicles.
- Improved: adjusted Paradrop WP now sets flying height depending on waypoint height (to a minimum of 140 meters).
- Improved: loading a rifle grenade via the inventory menu, without selecting the grenade launcher muzzle, will no longer immediately unload the grenade and instead force you to switch to the grenade launcher.
- Improved: tweaked OpenBolt handler doesn't apply when carrying/dragging a unit with ACE.
- Improved: added ability to ignore 'bad angle' detachment when towing: _gun setVariable ["LIB_ARTY_IGNORE_ANGLE",true].
- Fixed: PIATs bomb would not be replaced during the reload animation (changed to use magazine proxy tech).
- Fixed: APCs ignored offset for static weapon towing - now works the same as trucks/cars.
- Fixed: pushing AT guns now works in multiplayer and is properly animated.
- Fixed: starting standing in a C47 or JU52 no longer breaks your ability to sit down.
- Fixed: a vital variable in openBolt wouldn't be changed when e.g. going into zeus while keeping the firing button pressed.
- Fixed: open-bolt weapons wouldn't work in vehicles.
- Fixed: direction of towed AT gun wasn't being updated causing them to always be facing backwards instead of turning with the vehicle.
- Fixed: having the ace interaction menu with a bayonet selected no longer causes you to stab if you click on the menu.
- Fixed: made sure altReload doesn't run on a dedicated server/AI (it never should anyway).
- Fixed: paradrop waypoint script wasn't getting the height of the waypoint correctly.
- Fixed: towing in multiplayer now behaves as expected. Still a bit laggy due to locality, further improvements will be added in time.
- Fixed: towed AT guns would sink when driving over bridges again.
- Fixed: towed guns now lock properly.
- Fixed: bayonet offset correction was using player var instead of unit.
- Changed: Rifle ammunition overhaul, damage increased across the board. Ammo types are now split into categories: Normal (Light-Ball), Heavy-Ball (Long range stopping power), Armour Piercing (less damage but more capable of piercing armor or objects) and Tracer. US and UK factions are still missing their AP ammunition but will be added in time.
- Changed: adjusted increased speed and damage of .30 carbine.
- Changed: adjusted deployment pivot point on most weapons without bipods.
- Changed: adjusted typicalSpeed and initSpeed of M1, M2 30-06.
- Changed: tweaked MG42 cadency to 1500 (instead of 1200). Many sources use the 1500 as reference and Arma's "reload time" between shots tends to be longer, anyway.
- Fixed: Zoom on universal carrier's Bren gun.
- Added: TexHeaders.bin thanks to mikero!
- Improved: performance for bayonet and rifle grenade scripts.
- Improved: openBolt simulation is now unscheduled and should perform better as a result.
- Improved: static line is now executed unscheduled.
- Added: custom staticweapon AI behavior to searchlights.
- Changed: Polish and Russian units use voice protocol from Enoch update now.
- Added: new Enoch surfaces to dust FX definitions.
- Improved: German Leuchtpistole is now animated for reload and firing.
- Improved: Pak40's small dust shield now closes correctly when being towed.
- Improved: adjusted JU52 and C47 for compartment lights use.
- Improved: M1911 animations: hammer is now cocked when selected due to the single-action nature of the 1911.
- Improved: M1911, P08 Luger, P38 and TT33 animations: magazine is now animated during reload animation.
- Changed: adjusted M3 Greasegun and Sten guns 'reload'(fire) animation to be open bolt.
- Changed: flaregun(s) and Webley mkVI reload animations to the more appropriate flaregun ones.
- Changed: magazine display names have been shortened and minor formatting fixes.
- Changed: adjusted Parachutes backpacks to use A3 parachute settings instead of static-line ones (script uses its own classes).
- Changed: adjusted towing offsets for Opelblitz.
- Changed: DP machine guns now use the openBolt simulation script.
- Fixed: 61ks stand animations weren't working, nor was its chassis 'lift' animation that caused the gun to float when detaching from towed.
- Fixed: pilots ejecting from gliders would eject as if in an ejector seat.
- Fixed: wings hag a visual glitch in Horsa glider pilot view.
- Fixed: Units inside 251 Halftrack couldn't open the cargo door, this now allows the rear positions to fire out the door.
- Fixed: broken 'commander' position on wheeled apcs.
- Added: DeLisle carbine now has its own 'special' 1911 magazines that disables in-engine cartridge ejection in favor of scripted version, uses the magswap system so the correct mag will be used regardless of weapon.
- Fixed: MP40 bolt was closing during the reloadMagazine animation.
- Fixed: Muzzleflash rotation on static M1919a4.
- Fixed: PPSh-41 drum mag version magazine order, so it loads drum mag magazines first (mostly for AI).
- Fixed: refactored and reorganized reload animations, improving them for the low/leaning prone animations and resolving bugs.
- Fixed: 61ks wheels now turn in the right direction when being towed.
- Fixed: ace self-interact was breaking on IFA3 units when using the 'click to select' option.
- Fixed: Sturmtrooper Medic gear.
- Updated: added GG51 bayonet as editor placeable object.
- Updated: editor preview images.
- Updated: simpleObject definitions.
- Improved: Polish unit names to fit using EnochMen.
- Improved: all magazine strings have been corrected for clarity and standardized.
- Improved: added displayNameShort to magazines to give a simpler description of what they are.
- Improved: adjusted displayNameShort on rifle grenades to make their intended purpose more obvious.
- Changed: adjusted magazine display names and descriptions.
- Changed: adjusted short descriptions for most alternate ammunition.
- Fixed: M-39 helmet name.
- Added: Static line paradrop and amphibious assault waypoints to Zeus.
- Updated: load order.
- Changed: adjusted Bolt action eventhandlers for updated system.
- Changed: reverted hiding of non WW2 flag markers.
- Changed: restored C_Man eventhandlers as still bugged.
- Fixed: B_RangeMaster workaround for eventhandlers.
- Fixed: backwards compatibility.
- Fixed: typo in container name (WW2_System_Infrantry_f => WW2_System_Infantry_f).
- Added: CfgRemoteExec entries for towing and pushing.
- Added: CfgRemoteExec for onReload.
- Added: config definitions for cartridge ejection on bolt action rifles.
- Added: Definitions for M1 Enbloc clip ejection.
- Added: deleteifEmpty = 0 to PTRD magazine.
- Added: Dismount eventhandler for LCVP.
- Added: Eventhandler for cartridge ejection on reload to bolt-action rifles.
- Added: Eventhandlers for turretAIHelper to all IF vehicles.
- Added: Fast_Landing eventhandlers to the LCM3.
- Added: function definitions for remote bolt closing handler.
- Added: LCM is now setup for the new fast landing tech.
- Added: remoteExec settings to whitelist.
- Added: simple reload animation to the Webley flaregun.
- Added: fixed locality of setweaponReloadingtime, should now sync bolt animations for remote players using manual bolting.
- Improved: Bolting sound now follows the unit where previously the sound could be 'out run'.
- Improved: Cartridge ejection now keeps up with moving units.
- Improved: minor optimization to boltaction script.
- Improved: moved rifleGrenade and Bayonet weaponInfoType to the attachments rather than the weapons.
- Changed: adjusted AltReload to exit earlier if not supported (doesn't run on non-supported weapons anyway, but future proofing for inheritance).
- Changed: adjusted PIAT magazine swap config definitions for script changes.
- Changed: adjusted PIATs magazine swap system to be more generic and more optimized.
- Changed: bayonet UI hook switched to spawned script.
- Changed: config entries for PIAT magazine proxy.
- Changed: Externalized case ejection to its own function.
- Changed: offsetSelection passes the selection pos rather than the world pos.
- Changed: Plane interior light system to new config based system.
- Changed: Removed reliance on rotation_chassis animation for towing, instead the detachDirection is used for which direction the gun should face when towed.
- Changed: tweaked The masterPerFrameHandler now sets the global, self-explaining variable WW2_camPos.
- Fixed: Male05Ger voice.
- Fixed: reset 61k's Z offset for towing as now its animations are fixed the correct offset can be used.
- Fixed: selection case in infantry models.
- Fixed: Unsupported vehicles using sea assault waypoint would result in a script error.
- Fixed: WP vehicle detection had a fixed range rather than the variable set per the ammo config.
- Fixed: added missing magazine defs for 100rnd s.S belts for mg42 and 34 static variants.
- Fixed: BARs pivot points for both bipod and bipodless.
- Fixed: Flareguns magazine wasn't reappearing during reload, fixed with deleteifEmpty.
- Removed: unnecessary fired eventhandler from PTRD.
Preview v38 hotfix 1 - 2019-10-24
- Changed: disabled cartridge ejection effect script on dedicated servers as it would cause rpt spam (still works for clients).
- Changed: static weapon AI exclusion works post-init, previously if the variable was set too late it would do nothing.
- Fixed: AI reloading would interrupt the 'manual bolting' for players.
- Fixed: boat damage handling was causing generic error in expression due to using sleep in unscheduled script.
- Changed: STG44/MP44 default zero to 100m.
- Changed: adjusted American M1 Rocket bags to carry 3 rockets, load increased to compensate. Mass of the haversack/rocket bag combo is increased too.
- Changed: adjusted AT soldier loadouts to have a rocket in inventory(vest/uniform) so the launcher starts loaded.
- Changed: adjusted launcher magazines can now be placed in vests/uniforms.
- Changed: adjusted AI are more accurate with AT launchers.
- Changed: adjusted AI engagement range with panzerfaust.
- Changed: adjusted AT grenades are now more accurate when thrown by the AI.
- Added: PPSh Magazine pouch variants for Razv and regular red army.
- Added: RA Ruck variations, combining the gasmask bag with the rucksack and the shinel.
- Added: Advanced damage system dummy unit for UK faction.
- Added: config entries for new vests/backpacks and applied to some units. MG units now have the new MG vest that combines the MG bag with the vest.
- Added: hidden invisible infantry unit to each faction (ie for cutscenes) (naming: LIB_XXX_Rifleman_Invisible).
- Improved: Parachutes Geometry LOD and missing resolution LODs.
- Changed: adjusted/corrected Red Army loadouts, some magazines were missing or incorrect gear used.
- Changed: PWM/RPG6 projectile to point towards the direction its thrown (rather than straight down).
- Fixed: F1 grenade was ugly when throwed.
- Fixed: strings on mg belt.
- Fixed: missing searchlight and static MG42 (crew may not be scope=1).
- Changed: disabled now unused vehicle groups (tanks & planes) into BI modules (SpawnAI and SpawnAIPoint).
- Changed: merged vehicle groups (tanks & planes) into regular factions for better compatibility of scripted systems.
- Fixed: case of cfgGroup classes.
- Fixed: case of faction classes.
- Removed: obsolete and duplicate IF headgear models.
- Added: KOTH specific mortar backpacks.
- Added: large US and SOV backpack for KOTH.
- Changed: increase load for GER sapper backpack for KOTH.
- Changed: unified scope definitions for radios/backpacks.
Preview v38 hotfix 2 - 2019-10-27
- Added: French walls set.
- Added: ground fall offs set.
- Added: new Benouville town entrance sign.
- Added: new Garden model.
- Added: new cobblestone models for I44 replacement.
- Changed: reverted tank engine sounds until crash source of soundSets use is found.
- Changed: tweaked M1 carbine and STG44 damages - slight boost to the former and greater boost to the latter.
- Changed: unified factions (of tanks and planes) also in vehicle appearance setting.
- Fixed: oversight in merging GER tank faction into Wehrmacht.
- Fixed: parachute weirdness where the parachutes would fall far too fast and cause collision issues.
- Fixed: bayonet error occasionally when switching weapons.
- Fixed: group set for FSJ.
- Fixed: added placement=slope to named properties of all walls.
- Fixed: Benouville townhall.