WW2 Changelog: Preview v34 - 2019-03-31
From WW2 in ArmA3
- 1 Preview v34 - 2019-03-21
- 1.1 Highlights
- 1.2 Features
- 1.3 Missions
- 1.4 Gameplay
- 1.5 Performance
- 1.6 AI
- 1.7 Sounds
- 1.8 Effects
- 1.9 Terrains
- 1.10 Objects
- 1.11 Assets
- 1.12 Reskins
- 1.13 Interface
- 1.14 Scripting
- 1.15 Editor
- 1.16 Documentation
- 1.17 Text
- 1.18 Arsenal
- 1.19 Zeus
- 1.20 Servers
- 1.21 Compatibility
- 1.22 Translation
- 1.23 Credits
- 1.24 Tech details
- 1.25 Hotfix 1
Preview v34 - 2019-03-21
- Field manual entries about custom gameplay features
- Ability to stab with bayonets
- White phosphorus system
- Planes pylon loadout customization for Eden thanks to Stardust!
- Bagpipes with manual play or autoplay from a track list
- Command cursor for player vehicle commander (only visible in Recruit difficulty or when weapon crosshair difficult option is active)
- Command fire system as tank commander with AI gunner - with MG do a few seconds burst
- Ability to command an AI gunner as commander to target a position using "alt" + "LockTarget" key action (as visible arrow in Recruit with weapon cursors active)
- Made command fire and command target also available when turned out or watching through binocular
- Completely reworked rifle grenades system
- PTRD can only be fired when deployed or rested
- All vehicles now have the extended HUD fully working
- Hull and wheel damage is now indicated on HUD
- Engine damage is now indicated on HUD on some vehicle types
- Reloading indicator in UI works for any position in the vehicle now
- Working reloading indicator on armored cars, Stummel, Nebelwerfer, LeFH, PAK, and ZIS gun
- UK faction showcase by Jaki!
- German Engineering mission update to latest mod version thanks to Jaki!
- Removed CBA dependency in Airdrop mission
- Vehicles will be 40% slower when offroad
- Fixed missing Face and LeftShoulder hitpoints in all uniforms
- Fixed armour and mass values for Civilian hats, German field caps/officer caps, Polish fieldcaps, Soviet fieldcaps, US caps
- Grenade shrapnel kill is now attributed to whoever threw the grenade
- Reduced initSpeed of pistols magazines (= less damage)
- Increased hit damage of .455 Webley, .45ACP, 7.62 Tokarev, 9x19 Parabellum
- Increased soviet body armour resistance due to increase of pistol caliber damage - still a lower TTK than previously
- TypicalSpeed of 7.62 Tokarev, 9x19 Parabellum and .45ACP was set too high and thus lowered damage
- Tobruk by iron_excelsior!
- El Alamein by swurvin!
- Two new modular trenches systems for Tobruk and El Alamein
- Alamein objects (train station, tent, crater) by swurvin!
- Two whitewashed MBG buildings variants
- Whitewashed Sahrani buildings variants
- WW2 Bunker Tobruk Desert with desert camo net
- Tobruk Signs thanks to Bax!
- New weapon holding and reload animations by GSTAVO! (Bolt action rifles, Sniper rifles, Bren, Sten mk II and mk, PIAT)
- New Flak 36 crew animations thanks to GSTAVO!
- Rifle grenades K98 and Lee Enfields reload animations thanks to GSTAVO!
- Bayonet strike animation thanks to Bricks & Toadie2K!
- Plane cockpit textures are HQ now
- The black line bug is gone thanks to Kerc!!!
- Reworked and higher quality tanks retexture by DontShootMe!!
- Cromwell Mk IV Type F
- Crusader Mk III
- Crusader Mk I (Anti-Air)
- Austin K5
- Universal Carrier thanks to Guy Thomas from Invasion 44!
- Landing Craft Assault
- Landing Craft Infantry
- Flak 36 now has a shield (can be hidden in EDEN attributes)
- 2 news British desert camo for M4A3 Sherman thanks to DontShootMe!!
- Afrika Korps Tiger tank retexture by DontShootMe!!
- CLE Container ammobox
- British binoculars (Kershaw Mk III 6x30)
- No.1 Lee Enfield Mk III
- No.4 Lee Enfield Mk I
- No.4 (T) Lee Enfield Mk I (scoped)
- Sten Mk II
- Sten Mk V
- Bren Mk II
- PIAT (launcher or rifle - with compatible ammunitions)
- Webley Mk VI
- Welrod Mk I
- No.77 phosphorus grenade
- No.82 Gammon grenade
- No.36 Mills bomb
- New M1A1 Bazooka model thanks to Loutre!
- No.4 Mk II (Lee Enfield No.4)
- P1903 (Lee Enfield No.1)
- M1 (M1 Garand)
- Lee Enfield rifle grenade launcher
- Pattern 37 uniform
- P37 uniform with leather jerkin (cold weather outfit)
- P37 uniform with demison smock (paratrooper outfit)
- Khaki Drills 1941 (desert outfit)
- P37 webbing gear (x7) and backpacks (x3) in tan and blanco variants
- Seven British berets (para, army, commando, tanks and tanks with headphones)
- Balmoral hat
- 21 British helmets (Mk II, Mk III, MkII Para) all in camo, net or plain variants
- Royal Air Force flight cap
- Neutral British units insignias
- British shoulder ranks
- Added: Support for shared magazines between launcher and rifle piat variants.
- Added: Monitoring system for 3den. Mostly for detecting changes in the arsenal so scripts can run.
- Changed: disabled anti flip running by default for now until improved.
- Improved: weapon firemode is maintained when switching between box and drum magazines.
- Fixed: OpenBolt script wasn't working when another weapon had to be reloaded.
- Fixed: Towing AT Guns and the likes over bridges no longer makes them float into space.
- Fixed: Camera bugging out on statics the first time you set them up.
- Changed: disabled/hidden Amphibious Assault mission for now.
- Changed: added semi-auto fire mode to MG34.
- Changed: Lowered the magazine reloadTime on static MGs (they're now in line with each other too).
- Changed: assigned FakeWeapon instead of empty weapon to avoid glitches (locked camera, AI confusion, etc).
- Fixed: with manual bolting enable, reloading the rifle will cancel any pending working of the action. (If you fire a shot and reload, you won't have to bolt the rifle again after the reload is finished before you can fire).
- Fixed: PzKpfW IV H now has 80mm front armor instead of faulty 50mm.
- Fixed: StuG III G now has 50mm rear armor instead of faulty 30mm.
- Fixed: StuG III G now has 80mm front armor instead of faulty 50mm.
- Fixed: WW2 vehicles should only support "crew display" panels and NOT panels for driver/gunner/commander camera view.
- Fixed: double fire with main gun in quick succession by AI tank gunners.
- Fixed: AI firing for thompson semi auto.
- Added: Burning grunting SFX while exposed to WP.
- Added: "Flesh", "Metal", "Wood" bayonet impact sounds.
- Added: Bayonet ammo hit sound (Generic knife impact).
- Added: Gear rattling sound while bayoneting.
- Added: New, fitting bayonet animation sound.
- Added: Blank cartridge rifle grenade reload sound.
- Improved: Bayonet ammo should no longer make super-sonic cracks or fly-by sounds.
- Changed: all tanks now have "idleRPM = 700;" - it should prevent game freezing because of engine audio.
- Fixed: set movement sound (SoundEnvironExt) defaults for missing BI surfaces (normalExt, mud, forest, roof_tiles).
- Fixed: Missing reload sounds for the PPK and C96.
- Added: new tank sand cloudlets so they now spawn 1 meter behind other effects (fix of visual glitch when thick desert dust spawned in front of the first wheel).
- Fixed: missing dust surfaces.
- Changed: defined base surface in order to standardize terrains surfaces.
- Improved: tweaked mud and beach maxSpeedCoef.
- Changed: moved I44 surfaces to a separate config file.
- Improved: tweaked mud and beach maxSpeedCoef.
- Fixed: grass had too much dust generated.
- Improved: MBG buildings now use A3 roadway textures and penetration materials.
- Fixed: Tobruk model had incomplete geometry, no LODs, no viewGeometry, no FireGeometry, no Roadway.
- Added: correct optics for the Cromwell and Crusader thanks to CSA38/petrtlach!
- Added: FG-42G bayonet can now be used to stab communists and/or imperialists.
- Added: M44 Mosin Nagant can now deploy its bayonet. UUuuuurrraaaaa komrades!
- Added: Bayonet to red army units, commonwealth forces.
- Added: K98 bayonets to the inventories of appropriate german units.
- Added: M1 Bayonets to the inventories of appropriate US Army units.
- Added: binoculars to relevant British units (squad leaders, officers, tank crew).
- Added: British weapons ammocrate config thanks to Jaki (inside CLE Container).
- Added: ejectDeadCargo = true to all tanks.
- Added: Grenadier unit red army unit (pre equipped with rifle grenades), Commonwealth Forces, Wehrmacht and Sturmtroopers.
- Added: MG34 versions of machinegunners - some original classes get it by default.
- Added: Rifle grenade support for Mp44.
- Added: Tank commander unit to Commonwealth forces and Commonwealth tanks.
- Added: AT rifle team to Red Army (Gunner with PTRD and Assistant).
- Added: Winter versions for new AT classes.
- Added: Bazooka unit to the Red Army.
- Added: Bazooka and Panzershreck units to the Red army AT teams.
- Changed: FFI faction now uses British weapons.
- Changed: M4A4 Firefly is now part of British faction.
- Changed: Sturmtrooper grenadiers to use late K98k variant.
- Changed: US army grenadiers now have rifle grenades. Also have been added to default groups.
- Improved: fixed all bolt action rifles clip reloading animations.
- Improved: Lee Enfield and Kar 98 will now have a blank cartridge loading animation before being able to shoot a rifle grenade.
- Improved: M4A3 Sherman 76, M4A3 Sherman HVSS, M4A4 Sherman Firefly hitpoints.
- Improved: MG34 and MG42 empty belt disappears during the reload.
- Improved: various optimizations to M1928 Thompson model.
- Fixed: standardized terrainCoef across all vehicles.
- Fixed: PPK now uses .32 ACP/7.65x17.
- Fixed: SdKfz 251 halftrack TransportSoldier count was set too high (higher than available cargo indexes).
- Fixed: offset muzzleflash on Zis 61k.
- Fixed: adjusted damper offset to fix floating wheels of GAZ-M1.
- Fixed: Cargo memory points on M4A3 to stop flinging into air when dismounting occasionally.
- Fixed: Cargo memory points were missing on Stug III.
- Fixed: damage property of Zis5v wreck.
- Fixed: FlakPanzer IV turret had had no bullet collision.
- Fixed: FlakPanzer IV turret had visual glitch when rotating over distance.
- Fixed: FlakPanzer IV turret rotation axis was faulty.
- Fixed: M4A3 Sherman 76mm commander was not bound to the turret traverse.
- Fixed: Panzer IVH commander was not bound to the turret traverse.
- Fixed: MP40 tracer magazines initSpeed was too high.
- Fixed: changed STG44 and M1 Garand rifle grenade animation to use the mosins non-blank using one for now.
- Fixed: reload animation on MG34 and MG42 - drum reappears now.
- Fixed: MP44 and M1 Garand grenade reload animations.
- Fixed: removed faulty class=vehicle property from glider wrecks.
- Fixed: wrecks should be indestructible.
- Fixed: removed bayonets from sniper rifles (what kind of sniper does that).
- Fixed: removed schurzen from DAK panzer IV.
- Improved: Joarius retextures are now a bit more complex with multiplied ambient occlusion.
- Improved: Flak 36 gelbbraun now has the correct DAK painting (less nuclear yellow).
- Improved: higher definition and new colour to the US army helmet netting (fixed nuclear green).
- Improved: reworked and higher quality tanks retexture by DontShootMe!!
- Improved: M1 Garand coloring.
- Improved: new Cromwell winter textures thanks to DontShootMe!!.
- Improved: new metal color for scoped Lee Enfield No.4.
- Added: British infantry gear UI pictures thanks to Sa-Matra!
- Added: British weapons UI pictures thanks to Sa-Matra!
- Added: extended HUD image for C47, FlakPanzer, Gaz-M1, Horsa, Ju-52, M3 Stuart, M8 Greyhound, Sd.Kfz 124, Sd.Kfz 222, Sd.Kfz 234 series, Waco.
- Added: correct UI pictures for panzerfausts.
- Improved: inventory display - shows now total load at the bottom.
- Improved: UI design to use round edges (action menu, hint, etc).
- Changed: make sure shaded background in dummy map control remains disabled.
- Fixed: short display name of grenade for weapon UI.
- Changed: improved variable naming (LIB_System_Infantry_weaponSaved => LIB_System_Infantry_currentWeapon).
- Improved: added LIB_System_Infantry_previousWeapon variable to monitoring system and caching variable on the unit.
- Added: new clothing, weapons and items as editor placeable objects.
- Added: driver less variants for new vehicles.
- Improved: editor preview images to HQ source.
- Improved: icon size of vehicle accuracy (mapSize).
- Fixed: made sure all vehicles and variants are available in Eden.
- Fixed: category (vehicle class) for headgear and vest items.
- Added: Field Manuals for bayonets and rifle grenades.
- Added: Field Manual entries for all small arms.
- Added: Library descriptions for Mosin Nagant, M38/M44, SVT40, PPSH41, DP/DT, TT30, M1895, Lee Enfield, Sten, Bren, PIAT, Webley, Delisle, Welrod.
- Changed: RAF C47 displayName from `Skytrain` to `Dakota` (British designation).
- Changed: Regular US army and Ranger grenadiers are now private first class rather than Sergeant and Private respectively.
- Fixed: M9130 and TT33 library descriptions names.
- Fixed: some magazines that you could not load in any weapon were available in arsenal.
- Fixed: hand grenades base classes were available in Arsenal (M67 and RGO).
- Fixed: made sure all vehicles and variants are available in Zeus.
- Fixed: missing driver less vehicles in ZEUS.
- Fixed: missing Winter vehicles in ZEUS.
- Added: ACE compatibility to bagpipes as nobody is good enough to play them while unconscious.
- Added: ACE isUnconscious check to LCA and LCI dismount script for AI to stop them being slidey boys.
- Fixed: cfgPatches naming of M8 Greyhound.
- Changed: moved SoundEnvironExt to objects container.
- Changed: moved base surfaces definition to objects.
- Changed: moved I44 ambience sounds for terrains to objects container.
- Changed: moved I44 surface sounds for terrains to objects container.
- Changed: moved IF ambience sounds for terrains to objects container.
- Changed: moved IF environment sounds for terrains to objects container.
- Changed: moved WW2 environment sounds for terrains to objects container.
- Changed: moved WW2 surface sounds for terrains to objects container.
- Improved: applied hat base class to appropriate helmets.
- Fixed: word case for Winter classes.
- Fixed: removed magazineReloadTime on infantry weapons as it's not used in A3 but causes script weirdness when manipulating loaded magazine.
- Added: Red Devils & Desert Rats update translation to Polish thanks to Adami!
- Added: Increased dispersion and inertia when bayonet is fit.
- Added: Speed of the unit determines the speed and therefore damage of bayonet strikes.
- Added: Stamina drain (based on weapon mass and dexterity) for each bayonet thrust.
- Added: Magazine proxies to all rifles, created grenade magazines proxy models for rifle grenades.
- Added: Magazine proxies to M1928 Thompson, PPSH for smoother transition between magazine types.
- Added: WP particles are deleted upon hitting water surface.
- Added: script for swapping magazine depending on weapon type(for piat rifle/launcher variants).
- Added: initSpeed modifier for rifle grenades, for different weapons firing the same grenades.
- Added: Loading a riflegrenade when your rifle magazine is full lowers it by one, and is returned to your inventory. This is just a realism thing where it'd be difficult to chamber a loose round with a full magazine.
- Added: Switching away from a loaded rifle grenade will require you to bolt the rifle (to unload the blank).
- Added: Mills bomb riflegrenade now use timed fuse instead of impact. Reduces effective range a little bit but lets you airburst.
- Improved: added config value caching to MGROF and some optimization.
- Improved: Hide rifle grenade when muzzle isn't selected (For AI).
- Improved: Changes riflegrenades initSpeed to those listed in historical sources.
- Improved: Lowered airFriction on frag rifle grenades a bit.
- Improved: Increased damage and penetration on HEAT riflegrenades (HEAT tech. from Tanks DLC).
- Improved: Overhauled weaponSwap for rifle grenades for better compatibility with AI.
- Improved: The 'loose round' when loading a rifle grenade on a full magazine now instead goes to the fullest(not full) magazine if available instead of creating a one bullet magazine. Reverts to this if no magazine available.
- Improved: coding of anti flip (setVelocity instead setVelocityModelSpace and time instead tickTime).
- Improved: standardised all guns "recoil_gun" animationSource to "recoil_source".
- Improved: standardized dust spawn memory points position across all tanks.
- Improved: Event systems can now specify a unit (mostly for 3Den use).
- Improved: mgROF script.
- Improved: command target vehicle chat radio message.
- Improved: added fire command to vehicle radio.
- Changed: command cursor is for tanks only.
- Changed: command cursor only to be shown in "CPCommander" proxyType turrets.
- Changed: command cursor only to be shown in turned in when not gunnerForceOptics==1.
- Changed: command cursor only visible in Cadet difficulty and with weapon crosshair on.
- Changed: made command cursor only visible with AI gunner.
- Changed: made command cursor visible in third person view.
- Changed: removed non working allowDamage in anti flip system.
- Changed: added blockAiVisibility to WP trails.
- Changed: planes proxies indexes to match Pylons configuration.
- Changed: integrated manual play execution into the same system.
- Changed: made command fire and command target block key input if successful.
- Changed: used commandWatch objNull instead of lookAt to stop targeting.
- Changed: disabled undefined camo selections of vehicle parts.
- Updated: load order.
- Updated: preloadAddons.
- Fixed: FG-42G bipod pivot was too high resulting in player diving into the ground.
- Fixed: King Tiger hiddenSelections in distant LOD.
- Fixed: missing hitpoint definitions for M3 Scout car.
- Fixed: added Tower_Settings for all missing vehicles - makes top right reload indicator functional.
- Fixed: missing Tower_Config of LIB_LeFH18_AT and LIB_SdKfz222.
- Fixed: missing wheel icons for US6 trucks.
- Fixed: missing source for some IF magazines.
- Fixed: missing source for some M4A3 tank optics.
- Fixed: standardized Gaz-M1 wheels hitpoints.
- Fixed: Tiger tank shadow LOD still had named selections.
- Fixed: Open bolt script will only run on the main muzzle of the weapon.
- Removed: faulty armorStructural definition in turret.
- Removed: obsolete gearBox parameter.
- Removed: obsolete randomNumbersCount parameter.
- Added: Rifle Grenadiers to DAK.
- Fixed: faulty "WW2_Objects_m_Structures_WW2_Buildings_m" preloading.
- Fixed: texture paths of two Tobruk signs.
- Fixed: Pak40 and Zis3 are no longer so overpowered that the barrel shoots off the chassis.
- Fixed: String for 75mm - was using the 6pnder string.
- Fixed: typo in Tobruk description text.
- Fixed: missing string in rpt.