Jaki's project plans

Moderators: Dmorok, kju

Jaki
IFA3 Dev.

Jaki's project plans

Post by Jaki » Tue May 02, 2017 7:49 pm

I've just noticed that this forum section is still lacking any content so I guess I'll be the one to break the ice. Currently I am working on multiple projects, and some of them are still just on paper.

1. Remake of Call of Duty 1 and UO campaigns in A3 (SP)
I listed that first because it will take me the most time to set up and some help would be appreciated. Also, it's still one of "on the paper projects". I will wait for official release of Airborne update so I don't have to worry about possible change in class names. I will also look through maps on forum that are in progress that might be suitable for certain missions. Image

2. POW Camp escape (SP/COOP)
Project that I started a while back but was halted because of some controversy. I removed stuff that might butthurt some people and it's still in "template" build; meaning I am still building Camp template on even terrain (Grassland). Basic idea for the mission: Allied soldiers go undercover as Werhrmach officers to free their operative from captivity. Image
WIP, release date TBA.

3. Airborne assult on made up Italian island (SP/COOP)
I posted some screenshots on Discord already, but basic idea is to convert Agia marina from Stratis to more WW2 ambient town. I am not sure how all that objects will influence on FPS but I guess I'll find out after everything is set in place.Image
WIP, release date TBA.

4. Clearing the town in Normandy (SP/COOP)
Team of Rangers is sent to the frontline to clear out the town of snipers and clear the roads for reinforcement. Lot of unexpected things will happen on their way. Image
Still WIP but it should be out next month.

5. Porting and polishing I44 and IFA missions and campaigns
I will try and do some usermade missions myself but official missions and campaigns is something I will do with kju and other mission designers.

Another thing I'd like to get into is WW2 Open Games missions. I'm interested in Pegasus bridge mission the most but I other missions would be fine as well. Image

Couple questions: What is the plan with searchlights? I know they were removed because they weren't working but is there a plan to re-do them in the future? Is it possible to get hands on airborne factions list before release?
Last edited by Jaki on Wed May 03, 2017 5:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

kju
IFA3 Dev.

Post by kju » Tue May 02, 2017 8:06 pm

Very nice overview Jaki! :geek:

What help you are looking for with the CoH 1 and UO campaign?

You could ask Hyde or swurvin to build a small terrain for the POW concept - similar to Bulge. If some uneven terrain would be useful.

Why use Stratis and not the upcoming Italian terrain by Hyde&DontShootMe?

How do you plan to keep players focused on the main area in Clearing the town in Normandy?

> searchlights
We haven't found a way to get them working. Did any other mod?

> airborne factions list
Contact El Tyranos or Basher I think :oops:

Jaki
IFA3 Dev.

Post by Jaki » Tue May 02, 2017 8:27 pm

I guess it was a typo but CoH campaign isn't that bad idea after all :P
Back to the topic. I am not quite sure what help would I need exactly but some town templates would always be nice. Even if it's in game images that could help me out with setting everything up. Image Example...

Maybe even script or a way to activate a trigger after, lets say, 15 bullets shoot the target.

About POW, I will wait for new terrains and possibly we could intengrate the template in the terrain itself? One even section of the terrain would fit perfectly. I might even combine my template with COD1 POW camp so it fits better to COD campaign. Image

To be quite honest I wasn't aware there was an Italian terrain on the way. Well, we'll see when it's out but at least I can make a template or figure out building placement on Stratis.

About players staying focused on marked area I was thinking either adding invisible wall or warning message that would kill you in 10 sec if you don't return. Image Something like this.

I used Modded BIS Spotlight once. IMO it's too bright but it is kinda working.

kju
IFA3 Dev.

Post by kju » Sat May 06, 2017 5:50 am

> some town templates would always be nice. Even if it's in game images that could help me out with setting everything up
> even script or a way to activate a trigger after, lets say, 15 bullets shoot the target

please create specific tasks in phab that we can assign to people

> About POW, I will wait for new terrains and possibly we could integrate the template in the terrain itself? One even section of the terrain would fit perfectly. I might even combine my template with COD1 POW camp so it fits better to COD campaign

please bring this up in the terrains channel. most likely Hyde or swurvin could be of assistance with it

> Searchlight

Will try to get it done for the AB update. Ref: https://feedback.ww2ina3.com/T287

El Tyranos
IFA3 Dev.

Post by El Tyranos » Sat May 06, 2017 7:10 am

I have call of duty 1 installed so DM me if you need something. I can recover buildings from dawnville I have the source map :)

Jaki
IFA3 Dev.

Post by Jaki » Sun May 07, 2017 1:57 pm

Update:

I forgot to add two more projects that were halted when APC's broke down but they are back in business.

6. German intorduction to winter terrain
Basically it's straight into combat tutorial mission. I mentioned this one to kju when I first joined the team. Player got transfered to frontlines to defend town from incoming US airborne troops. After couple minutes of basics you are sent to a patrol when things go south...
Release date: I have yet to decide if I want voice actor or will just rip some sounds from somewhere else. Will share for testing before official release.

7. Pathfinders
Player, along with one more airborne squad is sent before initial Airborne assult to mark the safe DZ spot and destroy main flak guns at the beach fortificaton. I am planing to do mission in two parts; Night assult and next day defending/assulting, I have yet to decide which one will be the second part. Don't let this two part thing confuse you. Those are not two missions but two seperate events in one mission.

Last thing I want to add is that all missions will have custom sounds added in along with chatter and ambient sounds.
Last edited by Jaki on Sun May 07, 2017 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kju
IFA3 Dev.

Post by kju » Sun May 07, 2017 2:34 pm

very ambitious - much looking forward to it! :)

Jaki
IFA3 Dev.

Post by Jaki » Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:26 pm

SUMMER UPDATE:

On 8th of August I'll depart to US to attend college. There I'll study (captain obvious) and swim for college team, therefore I can't guarantee how much time I'll be able to spend on games. I'll do my best to organise!

1. Call of Duty Campaign remake
It's been put on halt due to low time. I've made basic templates for few missions along with all the sound and conversation porting for them.
You can check out the progress here.

2. POW Camp escape
Halted for now, still finding the best map for it.

3. Airborne assult on Italian island
With coordination with Hyde and Dontshootme I decided it's for the best to wait for Monte Cassino map or other Italian map.

4. Clearing town in Normandy
Dumped. I think there was not much potential nor fun to it.

5. Porting and polishing I44 and IF missions
My offer is still up for that. I was doing some I44 mission on my own.

6. German introduction to winter terrain
still WIP

7. Pathfinders - converted to Airborne showcase mission
It's already published but I will do some more work to it.

8. Air superiority - German fighting aircraft showcase
You take role of a fighter aircraft pilot to destroy enemy artillery. Your wingman had a malfunction on his plane so you must go on your own. Tasks come along the way...
80% done and in it's testing phase. Looking for feedback. Conversation and some other things are just placeholders. You can download it here.

9. Combined ops showcase mission
US troops on winter terrain with goal to capture enemy town and bridge crossing to another side of the river with help of friendly armor and air support.
Not much done to it yet. Hard time controling the AI to work properly.

I also plan on adding some more units like M1919 gunner for US and more groups.

Jaki
IFA3 Dev.

Post by Jaki » Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:37 am

FUTURE PLANS
Winter Update
-add winter style infantry/armor showcase mission after greatcoats are done (may take a while :P)

Darude
-fighters showcase mission (Typhoon/Spitfire) @Justin N.
-British infantry showcase mission showing off new weapons and units/uniforms
-Desert combat with one of @swurvin [No.4 CDO] new desert maps (DAK/Brits)

Blitzkrieg v1
-Tanks showcase mission DONE

Blitzkrieg v2,3...
-Artillery showcase
-Fallschirmjäger showcase mission (containing Ju52?) possible on Italian type map? @DontShootMe!!
-Armored cars showcase mission

Misc
-Water assult (D-Day?) LCM-3 showcase mission
-Night commando assult Sturmboot/Inflatable boat

kju
IFA3 Dev.

Post by kju » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:44 am

big plans :shock: sounds good :)